Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Delphinus Glob NGC 6934

Marvin Jenkins

Never seen this before but I was doing some goto alignment testing and chose this glob as it was ideally placed. 
Rather surprised by how obvious it was. When I mean obvious, not in the spotter scope but clearly visible in the EP of my 6” newt.

I got the 8” Dob out on it the following night and there you go, right in your eye! 
hanging off the tail of Delphinus. I find it odd that it is not on the Hershel list. 
No complaints, the Herschel’s are like star gods to me, no idea how they did it all.

For those with bigger aperture there is are galaxies either side a short distance away, 6944/6917. 
Anyone else have any luck with weather let me know how you did with this.

Marvin

• Like 6

I tried for this some weeks ago when I was in darker skies (Delphinus basically invisible from ym normal location). Unfortunately it was behind a tree every night by the time it was dark enough to view 😂

Sorry to hear that. It is really hard right now with so little proper darkness. 
I do count myself lucky that my back garden is in an elevated position and has no trees (used to be a wheat field).

Book mark it, I am sure an opportunity will come along at some point. 
For me personally I would like to here your observing report to give me something to compare to. Very much on my own out in the dark.

Marv

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Marvin Jenkins said:

Sorry to hear that. It is really hard right now with so little proper darkness. 
I do count myself lucky that my back garden is in an elevated position and has no trees (used to be a wheat field).

Book mark it, I am sure an opportunity will come along at some point. 
For me personally I would like to here your observing report to give me something to compare to. Very much on my own out in the dark.

Marv

It's actually more that Delphinus is normally too faint to pick out as I'm city based, but maybe I'll give it a go again. 

I meant to do a writeup of the week's observing at the time, but it was something like 5 days worth and I never got further than putting all the notes and objects together in one list to expand on!

Thanks for posting I'll have a go at this. There are quite a few good objects that are not on the popular lists, but that being the case it's not easy to find out about them.