NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Saturn Rrgb 27-6-22

morimarty

Changed my camera back from the Asi462c to my Asi290mm for my latest capture of Saturn as I wanted to compare the difference between the two cameras, particularly the sensitivity in IR. With the Asi290mm and a baader Ir 685 filter I found It dont bring anything new to the mix as it is very near IR sensitivity in the red channel anyway. To me there is no doubt the Asi462c is a clear winner imaging in the IR. But for just RGB the Asi290mm takes it. horses 4 courses.

Rrgb Asi290mm

1225839416_SATURNR-rgbmix227-6-22.png.30d388828976e5f333642df0ee89906c.png

Red channel Asi290mm

1140913926_SATURNred..png.6565f53cc65963b96c7e4328b1195959.png

IR 685 filter Asi290mm

1474436508_SaturnIr.png.56fbfde355d4acc57b4635b7df3a9449.png

C11 Asi290mm baader filters 2xbarlow 1200frames per stack.

• Like 12

Nice work Martyn a great comparison, agreed these new cams are so sensitive in the near ir the 685nm filter does not seem to benifit as much, some nice banding on the rrgb on the 290m image. Best images ive seen on here at this early stage of the showing.

Edited by si@nite
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, neil phillips said:

My seeing here has been consistently awful. Even when no jet stream is showing.

You know Neil I am finding It very strange as the lower Saturn is in the sky the better the seeing seems to be. I can only put it down to local buildings/house rooftops etc as when Saturn is at best elevation I do have to shoot over the top of these buildings and the seeing tends to go down unfortunately. Thanks for the comments and likes everyone.

3 hours ago, morimarty said:

You know Neil I am finding It very strange as the lower Saturn is in the sky the better the seeing seems to be. I can only put it down to local buildings/house rooftops etc as when Saturn is at best elevation I do have to shoot over the top of these buildings and the seeing tends to go down unfortunately. Thanks for the comments and likes everyone.

That is weird ? I wonder if being inland is helping. My seeing last year produced two good nights one cracker. I also wonder if being by the coast is causing some bad seeing effects this year. I have no idea. But my seeing is really rather bad. And getting worse for some reason. At least someone is getting some joy. Its great to see you perfecting this. You and your C11 are rocking thats for sure. 

• Thanks 1