NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Pegasus Uranus 2 Meteo Sensor

This pocket-sized device provides useful real-time environmental data for astronomers and astro-photographers 🙂 

Pegasus Uranus 2 Meteo Sensor

Using integrated digital sensors, the Uranus Meteo Station continuously checks ambient temperature, humidity, pressure, cloud height, cloud coverage and night sky brightness, then displays the results via an easy to ready red LCD display.

It also features an internal GPS receiver that provides precise time & date, latitude and longitude, altitude, time of astronomical dawn and twilight at your location. Oh, and a CMOS sensor to measure sky brightness. 

Can also be plugged via a USB2 cable into your PC or Laptop. 

peg_uranus2_1.jpg.8612386b716cbe8284650f294ad2b70d.jpgpeg_uranus2_2.jpg.4757b9b85eab48f1e10203272aee068c.jpg

uranus2c.jpeg

uranus2d.jpeg

• Like 1

Looks cool, expected more specs on their website e.g. output command format via the serial port (for INDI integration development) . Is it supposed to be hand held or fixed on on a mount? 

17 hours ago, gilesco said:

Looks cool, expected more specs on their website e.g. output command format via the serial port (for INDI integration development). 

It has only just been released but I expect they will add a protocol document soon. They usually do. 

17 hours ago, gilesco said:

Is it supposed to be hand held or fixed on on a mount? 

It is a handheld device that can also be plugged via a USB2 cable into your PC or Laptop. The enclosure also has 2 x 3 mm holes at the bottom for fitting it your telescope or in your observatory. 

HTH, 

Steve 

That's the Unity software which has ASCOM drivers already for the Powerbox devices that I am using in NINA for the Switch and Weather elements but as yet no safety monitors.

Obv I'm only commenting on the ASCOM stuff I've seen, the Meteo may open up more hopefully... Happy to test one 🙂

Edited by scotty38

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...