SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

William Optics Wedge

Cjg

It's taken me approximately 15 months since @FLO delivered my William Optics Wedge for me to finally get an image that I like.

Weather, CV19 etc meant that my outings with it were few and far between, but after getting frustrated with the supplied Ioptron wedge, it has made a huge difference to my photography. My Skyguider Pro is over 2 years old, so maybe, the supplied wedge has improved?  The Williams Optic wedge is solid, well built and when locked, the Azimuth controls stay locked.. Works as well at 52 degrees as it did it in Crete at 35 degrees, and makes using the Sky Guider Pro much easier. The downside (apart from the additional cost) is that it's not lightweight. My camera bag with all the kit and spare batteries was close to 10 kilos in weight, but worth every penny and kilogram

Resized blend.jpg

• Like 13

On 08/06/2022 at 16:49, Cjg said:

It's taken me approximately 15 months since @FLO delivered my William Optics Wedge for me to finally get an image that I like.

Weather, CV19 etc meant that my outings with it were few and far between, but after getting frustrated with the supplied Ioptron wedge, it has made a huge difference to my photography. My Skyguider Pro is over 2 years old, so maybe, the supplied wedge has improved?  The Williams Optic wedge is solid, well built and when locked, the Azimuth controls stay locked.. Works as well at 52 degrees as it did it in Crete at 35 degrees, and makes using the Sky Guider Pro much easier. The downside (apart from the additional cost) is that it's not lightweight. My camera bag with all the kit and spare batteries was close to 10 kilos in weight, but worth every penny and kilogram

Resized blend.jpg

Beautiful image, I love my WO wedge too 😍

• Like 1

On 08/06/2022 at 16:49, Cjg said:

worth every penny

Definitely, and I've tried three other different ones (SA, ioptron, TS-O) as well as various heavier EQ mounts.

• Like 2