SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Solar Dynamics Talk by yours truly, lol.

Well, I'm giving a talk on solar Dynamics on Tuesday, spent the weekend doing the presentation. I don't consider myself anything of an expert on the subject just an enthusiastic amateur that's hooked on solar observing, lol. I'm quite nervous about it. 

• Like 5

Nigella, 
You will be fine, your enthusiasm will shine through 🙂

A couple of years back I found myself our clubs 'Observing Director' grand title eh,
but it comes with a need for monthly talks.
Suddenly I had to talk on Astronomy every month and sound like I knew what I was doing....
So far I have got away with it and not been drummed out of the club.
I work on enthusiasm, a wining smile and interaction.

Good luck and keep calm, you will suprise yourself how much you know,
one golden rule, if you dont know, say so and then look it up afterwards.

Edited by Alan White
typos of course
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Found myself in a similar situation on an outreach event. Set up my presentation (Keynote) on my iPad, checked that I could get it all to work and projected at the venue (an important requirement; no-one wants to sit and watch while you struggle with equipment and getting your slides in order!) and, like you, became extremely nervous.

It all worked out fine and the presentation was well accepted. I’m sure it will with you, too. 🙂

The best advice I was given was to remember that (almost?) everyone there will know less than you. 👍

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nigella Bryant said:

Thanks Alan and Roy. 

I'm sure you'll be fine, but as an avid solar fan, it'd be good to hear what you have to say on the subject. 

I would love to be in the position to entertain/educate others about our nearest star, or even just structural engineering-my field of expertise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1