Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from Gotland, Sweden!

magnahrl

My name is Magnus Ahrling and I live in a town called Visby on the largest island in the Baltic sea; Gotland.

I have been into amateurastronomy for many years. Still I don`t consider myself as very experienced! My main intresst is visualobserving. I don`t do any imagening...yet, anyway.

Gotland is a very nice place to do astronomical observing from; very dark and essentially zero lightpollution. Unfortunately the weather has been very bad since last autumn and this winter. Also winters can be very cold, so adequate clothing is just as important as good optics!!

Recently I bought a CG-5GT, but I have only had the opportunety to use it once, anyway it seems very promising. Iam used to star-hopping so this goto was kind of sensation.

As my fellowSwede from Dalarna I also work as a Psychiatric Nurse but only nightduty. I have a wife and three grown up children:icon_confused:

I have had a Cave Astrola 8"f/4,5 Newtonian which I sold a couple of years ago, after using it since -74. It was a pain to collimate and the mirror was only so-so!

Now I have an OO UK 8" f/6 Europa, "TS-version" (indeed a Great scope!), an Intes MK66, which I bought used at a good price (fine scope, when cooled down), a C80ED (very nice as a grab`ngo on my Vixen Porta) and finally a Sky-Watcher ST120, which I find magic at low powers for those widefield views.

My mounts are, as mentioned, an CG-5GT, an CG-5 manuel and a Vixen Porta.

Iam also a forum member of AM, CN and a nationwide Swedish amateur astronomy forum.

Well this is me to put it short:icon_salut:

Clear Skies,

Magnus

Hi Magnus,

There quite a few of us European's here on SGL along with other members from around the world... Some even lucky enough to be in the warmer, clearer Southern hemisphere...

Welcome to the group, I guess your home site is really nice and dark when the weather allows, us Northern European's aren't getting our fair share of clear sky's at the moment. I'm in Holland and am constantly getting all the rubbish weather from the UK.

Anyway, I'm sure that you will enjoy it here on cloudy nights!

Neil.

heya magnus!

is it an online forum you are member of? i have been searching for a good swedish forum (but i love this forum too :). also cool that we have same work. i work in säter and i wish i could have night duty :mad:

Archived