New toy - no, not a scope

Ambermile

Hi all

I'm getting excited now :lol: some of you may know I have upgraded the CNC lathe in the Ambermile workshop for something a bit more... well, versatile. First two jobs off are in the pics - cold finger for the new Artemis LF camera and some posh knobs. Yes, this is a LATHE, no other machining involved :shock:

I love it!

Arthur

post-12835-133877319437_thumb.jpg

post-12835-13387731944_thumb.jpg

I must point out that making pound note coins is ill eagle. Looks like a cracking toy. I saw something similar ages ago which made chess pieces. This was on a stand at an exhibition. They were making brass and aluminium sets all day and giving them away and it was mind blowing to watch it. I suppose that explains part of the clearout as these things aren't cheap.

Captain Chaos

I must point out that making pound note coins is ill eagle. Looks like a cracking toy. I saw something similar ages ago which made chess pieces. This was on a stand at an exhibition. They were making brass and aluminium sets all day and giving them away and it was mind blowing to watch it. I suppose that explains part of the clearout as these things aren't cheap.

Captain Chaos

Know what you mean Jonathan, I love watching these things run :lol: Yup - very expensive too but the clearout is to pay for the new 114mm apo:angel9:

Arthur

I like the Knobs Arthur - really shiny and all "new looking". The only lathe I remember is the one at my school - run by a grumpy old git who hated me 'cause I liked "intelectual" things like Astronomy.

What are the Knobs going to be used for? Could be a ready market somewhere.

Tom

I like the Knobs Arthur - really shiny and all "new looking". The only lathe I remember is the one at my school - run by a grumpy old git who hated me 'cause I liked "intelectual" things like Astronomy.

What are the Knobs going to be used for? Could be a ready market somewhere.

Tom

I think that's because they are really shiny and new Tom :lol:

These particular ones will be winging their way to Edinburgh to replace the dovetail clamp and Alt/Az knobs on a GPDX mount - once I add the threaded bits. This may be a couple of days though as I really do need to get the new wedges finished in time for some mag pics...

Arthur

Archived