Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

05.04.22, first Test Player One Neptune C 2 and other photos of today Moon

Fedele

First test of the Player One Astronomy Neptune C 2, at direct focus (f 12) of a Takahashi Mewlon 180c Recording was done with Sharpcap in RAW8. Unfortunately I did not realize that it was recording the single frames which I therefore had to preliminary stakk with Registax6, a program that I do not like very much. The result was then processed with my trusty AstroSurface T1.
I still have to understand the camera and considering that we are far from the optimal focal ratio, I think it will not make me regret the ASI224 which, however, I find easier to use with Asistudio and ASICAP.
The detachment of the ASi 178 MM seems evident, which however works better at direct focus than the baby-Mu, as well as being more performing because it is monochromatic (image below)

NB: Images JPEG crompressed from my Fb page.

regergegegggg.jpg

Edited by Fedele
  • Like 5

Thanks for these @Fedele , some really nice photos here 😀

I have the Mewlon 180C and an FC-100DZ, and have been considering the TSA-120, but looking at these last two, I’m not sure there would be any advantage to me “upgrading” 🤔

Of course the TSA-120 would probably cool-down faster and not require collimation I suppose. 

I notice you’re selling your Mewlon 180C, so I guess the TSA-120 is a better scope for you though 👍

Keep these lovely photos coming… thanks 

• Like 1

Hello.
I had the FS102NSV, the FC100DL, I have the TSA120 and the Mewlon 180c....  I had in the past, before a vacuum of many years, also many other telescopes
The TSA120 beats the various 100s by far. But i often prefer the Baby - Mu to the TSA120 because more comfortable. Also if you observe Jupiter at sunset, when the sky it's still a little bright to eliminate the glare of the planet, up to medium mag the Mewlon holds up to the TSa120. 
The TSA120 is compact and reigns in its range, but not compact as the Baby-Mu. TSA120   inexorably loses on 42 of which the Mewlon180c, if acclimatized, gives me the most beautiful image in the turret and with Takahashi Ortho 32 mm. Paradoxically, I really like more the Mewlon on deep sky.
The TSA120 in contrast provides a wonderful view of the M42 in its beautiful field with two 19mm pan optics. then I start with the TSA120 and then I move on to the mewlon to see the Trapezius and the contortions of the gases  of the nebulosity.
I have never liked 100 mm, except for specific applications such as solar.
After 35 years of activity for many of which I have not been able to buy important instruments, in recent times, with a bit of availability and a bit of luck, I am buying all those telescopes I wanted. I like to experiment with everything and then in the end keep what I like best and find it more comfortable to use.
I have sold all 100mm and now I would like to sell the Mewlon 180c but I also believe the TSA120 to experiment more.
In reality, I am preparing a fixed location, finally, and I would like to concentrate and invest in the Solar.

Edited by Fedele
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Really interesting to read about your journey and great to know the Mewlon 180 (Baby Mu) is a good scope. I also love it for DSO, as I think that extra aperture really helps.

I still may consider a TSA-120 one day, as I do love refractors (I have four Takahashi refractors already) and will continue to watch with interest your reports and photos.

Thanks

Gary

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Fedele said:

Hello.
I had the FS102NSV, the FC100DL, I have the TSA120 and the Mewlon 180c....  I had in the past, before a vacuum of many years, also many other telescopes
The TSA120 beats the various 100s by far. But i often prefer the Baby - Mu to the TSA120 because more comfortable. Also if you observe Jupiter at sunset, when the sky it's still a little bright to eliminate the glare of the planet, up to medium mag the Mewlon holds up to the TSa120. 
The TSA120 is compact and reigns in its range, but not compact as the Baby-Mu. TSA120   inexorably loses on 42 of which the Mewlon180c, if acclimatized, gives me the most beautiful image in the turret and with Takahashi Ortho 32 mm. Paradoxically, I really like more the Mewlon on deep sky.
The TSA120 in contrast provides a wonderful view of the M42 in its beautiful field with two 19mm pan optics. then I start with the TSA120 and then I move on to the mewlon to see the Trapezius and the contortions of the gases  of the nebulosity.
I have never liked 100 mm, except for specific applications such as solar.
After 35 years of activity for many of which I have not been able to buy important instruments, in recent times, with a bit of availability and a bit of luck, I am buying all those telescopes I wanted. I like to experiment with everything and then in the end keep what I like best and find it more comfortable to use.
I have sold all 100mm and now I would like to sell the Mewlon 180c but I also believe the TSA120 to experiment more.
In reality, I am preparing a fixed location, finally, and I would like to concentrate and invest in the Solar.

Have you tried a Mewlon 210 yet?

• Like 1