Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My first attempt, be kind! :)

Rustang

I wasnt going to post this here but I was excited by my first attempt at Solar imaging! Taken around 2pm today so not the best time in the day but I was waiting for an extention tube to turn up! Thanks Steve (saganite) for the lovely scope.

One single frame captured with my Canon 6D DSLR, Baader Continuum filter and Baader 3.8 solar film.

My very rough and ready home made solar finder worked a treat and everything went really smoothly and a little easier than I thought it would be. 

FirstSunImage.jpg

IMG_20220325_173545.jpg

IMG_20220326_141420.jpg

IMG_20220325_173520.jpg

IMG_20220326_134146.jpg

Edited by Rustang
  • Like 8

3 minutes ago, Rustang said:

I wasnt going to post this here but I was excited by my first attempt at Solar imaging! Taken around 2pm so not the best time in the day but I was waiting for an extention tube to turn up! Thanks Steve (saganite) for the lovely scope.

One single frame captured with my CANon 6D DSLR, Baader Continuum filter and Baader 3.8 solar film.  

FirstSunImage.jpg

Nice widefield. Congrats on your first capture. What scope is it ? I want to upgrade myself at some point to the imaging film. 

Edited by neil phillips
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

Nice widefield. Congrats on your first capture. What scope is it ? 

Thanks, 100mm F10 Tal doublet, one that Steve put together! Pics now added above 😊

Edited by Rustang

1 minute ago, neil phillips said:

Never tried one i hear they are rather nice. 

Seems to be 😊 the Solar film seems to work well, I made the holder for it and for the visual 5.0 film as well.