Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

MARCH 25TH - WL, AR2974, 2975 AND 2976.

paulastro

Out at 7.20 am, observed with Tecnosky 102ED until about 8.15 when I had to go out.

What I thought was the E spot of AR2975 has now been designated as AR2976 on spaceweather.com

Some nice detail and again plenty of faculae weaving around d the AR.

Single frame and crop below taken at 7.59 am using the Olympue E - M5 Mk11, 1/160 at 200 asa.

Spaceweather.com image added at bottom.

207733521_P3250203AR2975plus2.thumb.jpg.a7425404ea760d369d47878605fdb5b3.jpg

125315273_P3250203cropbright.jpg.a1817fb903339ea0b350c2465b548e45.jpg

363565243_Screenshot_20220325-131643_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.2cead48dc185b27935326130e0a2465d.jpg

Edited by paulastro
spaceweather.com info added.
  • Like 4

Nice pics Paul. Some cracking views here. Seeing is coming and going, but when it’s good the views are super sharp, lovely petal structure in the penumbra of the main spot.

Interesting that it’s a whole new AR. I’m still slowly learning about the detail behind all this but each one has positive and negative polarity so it makes sense.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Stu said:

Nice pics Paul. Some cracking views here. Seeing is coming and going, but when it’s good the views are super sharp, lovely petal structure in the penumbra of the main spot.

Interesting that it’s a whole new AR. I’m still slowly learning about the detail behind all this but each one has positive and negative polarity so it makes sense.

Nice capture Paul

Its a monster isnt it. 

Your right Stu seeing is coming and going. More going than coming. But was just out there capturing 32000 frames in a small area ( large size)  a few seconds here. A few seconds there of brief clarity letting the detail go sharp. Best ive seen so far out there i think. 

• Like 1

The seeing was fantastic in Watford between 10:45 and 11:30ish. I was observing in Ha, with a newly acquired Baader BCO 32mm Plossl, the views were the best I've had, detail over the whole disc simply amazing. For solar, in my Daystar, the Baader bests both the Vixen 30 NPL and Televue 25 Plossl.

Even stopped down to 30mm, there was a lot of detail seen in 2975/6. 2974 seemed exceptionally bright this morning too. Best session this year so far!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Roy Challen said:

The seeing was fantastic in Watford between 10:45 and 11:30ish. I was observing in Ha, with a newly acquired Baader BCO 32mm Plossl, the views were the best I've had, detail over the whole disc simply amazing. For solar, in my Daystar, the Baader bests both the Vixen 30 NPL and Televue 25 Plossl.

Even stopped down to 30mm, there was a lot of detail seen in 2975/6. 2974 seemed exceptionally bright this morning too. Best session this year so far!

Ha must have been amazing common old visual filter was pretty nice in white light. Bet there is going to be some lovely images appearing on the solar board

• Like 1

Great images Paul

I grabbed a brief session looking at these sunspots at about 4pm onwards.

It was my first time using a Quark Chromosphere and it took me a while to get things organised but once it had warmed up, located the Sun and achieved focus, the active regions showed some tantalising detail and also some nice activity / proms on the nearby limb. 

By chance - Did anyone see the satellite transit across this region at about 4.20pm? - that was a first for me and pretty cool.

Looking forward to a proper session tomorrow hopefully and possibly having a go with the camera.

Pat

• Like 1