Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Aurora 13-14 March 2022

NE Scotland. 20 miles NW of Aberdeen.

I don't have the clearest view of the northern horizon, with those trees and a ridge to contend with!

Looking at reports on the Glendale App, it could be viewed as far south as the Midlands (Tamworth/Stoke).

Taken using AllSkeye software - video at 6 frames/second - edited for posting with Movie Maker.

Edited by Altocumulus
  • Like 1

Aye. I'm still, though, scratching around with settings to get a better view. Increasingly it looks like a ZWO camera is more awkward to use than a dslr!

I had blue set at 90, red at 65, gain at 200. It looks like the highlights in this instance are somewhat blown with little to see in green or the classic diffuse pink glow. If night repeats, I'm trying a gain of 0 which might improve the dynamic range - problem is, too, no night is the same - especially currently with a strong moon.

Another option I'm toying with is using an unused guide scope which will give a much smaller fov than the standard ZWO 150deg lens.