Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Dug out the good ol' PST

Craney

Languishing in the store room and sadly overlooked in favour of night time objects and SCTs, it had been a while since I imaged the Sun in any shape or form.

I was very pleasantly surprised at the image I managed to extract from my single stack PST, 174mm and SharpCap combo.

This is from a 1500 frame AVI and various witchcraft applied via ImPPG.     ( edit... from the 27th Feb 2022)

Yes,  both surface features and prominence features are from the same stack.   Normally I have captured both separately and 'tried' to add them in PS.

1740077170_imppg2andPS.jpg.178b3a825d147c998112ee0bc1d14755.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Edited by Craney
  • Like 10

Thanks @Merlin66.

No surprises about solar bunnies on the starboard bow, it was really a grab and go session whilst the Sun was clear of my local trees. Will have a look though for future images.

There is something to the left as well,  more of a swathe of darker colour which could be the sweet spot effect.  

The 174mm has such a nice wide FOV that I can move the entire solar disc around to eliminate the worst of the bright /dark zones. Sometimes difficult to see on a laptop screen.

Fingers crossed for a lot more Solar action coming our way.