Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A new EP

LDW1

I bought this 24mm Televue Panoptic because the price was right and I have been reading about these  higher ends performance qualities and just because I wanted to. I owned several lower end Televues in the past but I don't have any presently. I intend to give it some personal try outs against several eps incl this 21mm Hyperion, using several of my various size / type scopes. This is part of my astronomy enjoyments.

1A97266F-46D8-4DB5-BD7D-29633DB0EBA5.jpeg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, JAC51 said:

Congratulations I  own one as well. They are great eyepieces. 

What telescope telescopes are you planning to use it with?

I will probably try them / it with my 80mm, f6, 127mm, f6.6 and maybe my 80mm, f11.4 and of course my NP101, f5.4.  And maybe a couple of others.

• Haha 1

Lovely eyepieces. I really enjoy my 24mm Panoptic, it gets a lot of use and is very sharp. In my Genesis I get 3.26 degrees in my old Genesis which is great for a 1.25” eyepiece, the NP101 will be a little less but still excellent.

The only negative with the Panoptic is geometric distortion on the Moon; it turns oval when off axis. It’s not really a lunar eyepiece though so it’s not too much of a problem, having stars sharp right to the edges is worth it!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stu said:

Lovely eyepieces. I really enjoy my 24mm Panoptic, it gets a lot of use and is very sharp. In my Genesis I get 3.26 degrees in my old Genesis which is great for a 1.25” eyepiece, the NP101 will be a little less but still excellent.

The only negative with the Panoptic is geometric distortion on the Moon; it turns oval when off axis. It’s not really a lunar eyepiece though so it’s not too much of a problem, having stars sharp right to the edges is worth it!

Luckily I am not a real lunar watcher but I will give it a look, with each scope.

5 hours ago, Roy Challen said:

What are these? 😉

Sorry I used the wrong words for sure, I meant the lower priced, they were still great eps but at that time I was building up my 2" collection.  That was at least 10 yrs. ago and a lot of eyepieces have passed my eyes, I will have to think of what they were.