NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Heart & Soul - Pixel peeping @f2

Uranium235

Well, not a lot on last night, clear sky, but moon in an unfortunate spot so I swung around to this one for a couple of hours.

The primary goal of the image was to perfect the corners at full speed over a 22mm diagonal. And, Ive pretty much achieved that.... not bad for a 450 quid lens ;)

The focus drifted a little as the temperature dropped, but not too bothered about that since its still basically a tester.

16x600 (Ha)

Samyang 135mm @f2  - QSI583

Corners @200%   

51875851589_9532a70724_o.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

• Like 12

33 minutes ago, Richie092 said:

Yeah I think once you own a 135 the corners become a lot more interesting 🧐 I still use my 533mc but I’m dying to try a 2600mc 

that looks great

Youre in a sweet spot there with that camera since its square sensor doesnt ask so much of the lens (a mono 533 would be interesting). Once you go bigger you need a microfocuser to tease out the corners (a b-mask only gets you close).

• Like 2

I asked FLO about the mono version this week that’s my next move using your adapter 

I find the ZWO EAF is good using the ASI AIR. been by happy with my focus. I have been following the main thread from the start it’s cost me a fortune 😂

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Richie092 said:

I asked FLO about the mono version this week that’s my next move using your adapter 

I find the ZWO EAF is good using the ASI AIR. been by happy with my focus. I have been following the main thread from the start it’s cost me a fortune 😂

A quick seardh of google has rumours of maybe april/may before they announce a mono version. ;)

• Like 1

On 11/02/2022 at 17:39, teoria_del_big_bang said:

Nice to see both in same frame, many setups barely get the heart in the FOV without a mosaic.
Certainly plenty of detail in there 🙂 

Steve

Agree, really nice in one wide field. It’s a great image 👍🏼

• Like 1