Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Beginner loking for telescope advice.....

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know...ha ha ha, One of the guys at work told me it would be better if I did..... Actually I wonder if he was having me on :). Saying that Astro Baby must do it aswell. It could be so that the old eyes don't get tired. My eyes were sore after my first night out, saying that I was out for a long time. Dt

Some people observe with both eyes open, and some wear an eyepatch. This prevents the discomfort of squinting when you are looking through the ep. I have a dark tube on my Newt, so it's usually easy to keep both eyes open, although I sometimes wear an eyepatch.

My little boy has a pirate outfit I have just stole his eyepatch, will give it a whirl tonight, if the clouds pass that is. I have had nothing but clouds since I bought my scope. I know earlier in this conversation Dark Knight was saying about the 40 clear days and 40 clear nights expected when new equipment is bought but I

Some people observe with both eyes open, and some wear an eyepatch. This prevents the discomfort of squinting when you are looking through the ep.

I find eyepatches on both eyes works a treat.

Guaranteed a dark night every night.

Trouble is, the seeing is terrible and I keep tripping over this big metal thing with three legs and end up banging my head. Then the seeing improves and there are stars everywhere!

(apologies for off-topic....)

I nearly had a telescope attack human scenario the other night, well I say nearly we did have a telescope attack human scenario. It all starts by using the motor on the telescope in slow mode (not knowing there was any other mode) I did think that it must go faster but thought it is technical delicate equipment this must be as fast as it goes. While looking through the finder with my eight year old using the hand held gadget I heard him say say, "Mam there is a button saying FAST I am pressing it now" The telescope nearly took my head off, I tripped over my boy and I broke the chair we were using. Lots of fun had by all. Round one to the telescope!!! Dt

Archived