SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M51

blinky

This was taken last night with the 350d/ED80 10X8mins guided with a ZS66/DSI.

I found this very hard to pull out of the light pollution, it is in the most polluted part of my sky. I think I need to get the big 'ol Newt back out of retirment for these small targets. Anyway enough waffling, here you go! I also ran it through astrometry.net (Wonderfull app!) to get the names of the other couple of galaxies I picked up. I did not use any flats as I tried tonight but it seems to make things worse! See my other thread in the imaging help section for some samples.

post-13107-133877358851_thumb.jpg

post-13107-133877358861_thumb.png

Nice image, I now appreciate the subs required for this after trying it the other week. Could you add an unprocessed sub so that I can see what it looks like?? I find it interesting to see what other people have to deal with.

Thanks

Neil C

I would never go 8 mins did you check your histogram it should be around 45% from the left side well thats my personnel oppinion I would think that sub is way up there you will have much better results keeping it around 45 to 50 and stack more subs :lol:

Regards Les

Archived