Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Proper Viewings

blumming hell!

I never, NEVER expected this telescope to be this good. Out of the box this afternoon, and I've just seen the cresent of Venus for the first time, my first Nebula (Orion), and the Pleiades cluster. And then I turned to the moon, and was blown away. And this is all off my balcony! I can't wait to get to a dark sky site! I will try to put the photos I took of the moon into the Images section...

Anyhow, awsome awsome new hobby!

-eli

Its nearly as much fun hearing about someone discovering the universe as it is discovering yourself!

you're on to something here, it's the same when someone buys some new kit, we all rush to read about it and we all get that tingle

keep trying for saturn.i am also new to astronomy and got my first perfect view of saturn last night using my explorer 130pm with a 4mm plossl eye piece.the view was perfectly sharp showing the rings as a straight line cutting across the planet and also three of the moons.i was so blown away i dragged the wife and kids out to have a look.nebulaes not so good due to the bright moon i think and also cos my next door neighbour seems to think its a good idea to put his security and upstairs lights on every time i'm in the garden!damn him!

Thanks for all the encouragement and such! It's been nowt but cloudy every evening since, so I've just used the scope to spy on neighbors etc... Guess that's the disadvantage with buying a scope while living in the UK!

Picking up our new car next weekend, so will be able to hit some dark sky!

-eli

Archived