Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My new beast..

You've picked a great scope with the 250PX, you can't beat it for the money, and it will give you some very rewarding views. I use mine when I don't want to bother or observing conditions aren't good enough to get my OO 14" dob with StellarCAT (the Blue Whale) out. The two dobs do compliment each other pretty well.

John

ARRGGGHHH a stellarcat, I'm so jealous., mind the Argo Navis is on it's way so I'm getting there.

MDStuart, you're going to have fun with that baby. where you crawling on the ceiling when you took the pic ? :lol:

P.s I found this very useful

This is the best gadget for my 250px dob and i made it myself.

It makes it a heck of a lot easier to locate objects in the finder and eyepiece.

You need:

a card tube e.g. loo roll (i used some of the tube from wrapping paper cos it was longer and narrower)

sellotape

white cotton

blutak

a red light eg red led torch.

Okay, how do i get photos from my desktop onto this message?

I think ive done it. See attachments.

Cut the middle out of the tune using a knife. See the fotos. Make 2 sets of crosshairs out of the cotton and sellotape. Use 2 blobs of blutak to fix it to your 9x50.

Once attached to the 9x50, you can align it in daylight by looking at a distant object and by squeezing or flattening the 2 blobs of blutak.

To use it you need to crouch down at the back of your dob (by the primary mirror).

Shine your torch at an angle and both sets of crosshairs will light up a nice red colour. Move the scope towards the object you want to see (eg m42).

Over lap the two sets of crosshairs with the object. Finetune with a very quick look thru the 9x50.

It can be surprisingly accurate if you get the blutak blobs correct (it wil get an object in the FOV of a low powered eyepice without even needing the 9x50 at all).

Give it a try. 20-30 minutes and its free.

MikeH

Attached Thumbnailsattachment.php?attachmentid=19562&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1236117993

attachment.php?attachmentid=19563&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1236117993

attachment.php?attachmentid=19564&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1236117993

attachment.php?attachmentid=19565&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1236117993

Archived