Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Tricky Rosette

Astroscot2

Not really happy with the outcome on this one but thought I would post it anyway, I got good HA data back in Jan and took some RGB on a night with poor seeing (excuses starting already ) The star sizes in the RGB frames were a bit on the large side and I just can not combine them with the HA without getting dark halos, tried everything and thanks to those who gave me advise. Will try again next year

The image is 3 hour HA and 1H 40mins RGB, taken with the SXVFH35 though a FSQ.

HA taken from home and RGB for dark site at Loch Doon.

I calibrated my screen before processing , would be interested on hearing comments on the colours.

larger image can be found here http://nightskyscotland.nfshost.com/deepskymainimagepages/rosetteLRGB.htm

Cheers

modify_inline.gif

post-12757-13387735836_thumb.jpg

Very nice Mark, the original Ha image was stunning, nice neutral colour combined and not overdone, lovely detail showing, at the scale posted the halos are not really evident, a difficult combining task matching star sizes between Ha and RGB, you are too hard on yourself, a stunning image nevertheless, well done.

Brendan

Archived