Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Where is the band module in Startools

AstroNebulee

Hi

I'm new to star tools having just purchased after an enlightening trial period on the software. 

Could someone tell me where the band module is to see how my banding can reduced in my images. 

I used to use photoshop but finding Startools quite refreshing and simple. 

I'm using version 1.7.461

Clear skies 

Edited by AstroNebulee

Yep, latest ST version is missing the banding module. I used it often and it worked well.

I presume Ivo has something similar in there but you will have to ask him what and where it is. He is usually very responsive.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, dobblob said:

Yep, latest ST version is missing the banding module. I used it often and it worked well.

I presume Ivo has something similar in there but you will have to ask him what and where it is. He is usually very responsive.

Thank you for your help, I thought I was losing it for a moment then haha and now I know the banding module has gone I shall ask him how I can mimic it or use another module in star tools for it. 

8 hours ago, happy-kat said:

Have a look at the bleeding edge version as you might find it moved.

7 hours ago, tomato said:

On version 1.8 I think the banding removal is now part of the Wipe module, see the synthetic darks, flats and bias sections.

Thank you guys. I've think I've found it now as tomato as said in the wipe function and in the synthetics and find 2 types of horizontal banding settings 👍thank you again