SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Observing chair

Clever design. I don't have one of those but it seems to tick several boxes, sturdy, light, cheap and folds away to nothing.

But its maximum height is 45cm, about the same as a dining chair. I mainly use 6" and larger Newts on tripods so I would need much higher than that but it might be OK with long fracs or small dobs. I suppose you could diy a fixed base for it but you would add weight and lose compactness.

36 minutes ago, wookie1965 said:

There is another similar seat that someone else posted a few days ago that I can’t remember 🙄and it is higher, only problem is the 4/6 weeks delivery.

• Like 1

I have a Skymax 127 and I cant over the diagonal so that I can always get a comfortable eyepiece position when seated at dining chair height. I sit on a Kick Stool which is very stable, easy to move, and doesn't have a back / arms getting in the way, but it isn't collapsible. I like the Kick Stool so much that I posted about it!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, banjaxed said:

There is another similar seat that someone else posted a few days ago that I can’t remember 🙄and it is higher, only problem is the 4/6 weeks delivery.

I would like something taller but these seem to be quite good 

I got the one from the topic mentioned recently though waiting on it shipping! It is 51cm tall reputedly.

Will see when I get it but it cant be worse than perching on my garden chairs which sink into the grass lol

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09JNWBZ3P/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_S1S4VWPEMDEW29H8R41T

Edited by wibblefish

I have one of the collapsibles, similar to @wookie1965's OP. I got it cheaper (£10 ish less, at the time) off fleabay than Amazon. As a stool it's great, certainly packs down to almost nothing. It doesn't go all that high though, so it's of limited use as an observing seat. If you have a longer Newtonian it probably isn't useful beyond a perch while waiting for clouds to pass. Might be more useful for a short Frac or Mak but I own neither so can't confirm.

• Like 2