SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

God Bless America!

Pompey Monkey

On 28/11/2021 at 13:47, CCD-Freak said:

I have to laugh at myself....Here in Texas we have a bad habit of expressing distance in hours.  Example....it takes me 4 hours to drive the 200 miles to my SRO observing site.  (^8

Texas vs UK_SRO.jpg

The DFW/San Antonio/Houston Texas Triangle would cover England with ease (60,000 mi² vs 50,000 mi²).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Louis D said:

The DFW/San Antonio/Houston Texas Triangle would cover England with ease (60,000 mi² vs 50,000 mi²).

Yes but a little bit diffivult to do so in reality, besides would Texans lke the cloud cover and rain they'd end up with? 😆

• Like 1

5 hours ago, StevieDvd said:

Yes but a little bit diffivult to do so in reality, besides would Texans lke the cloud cover and rain they'd end up with? 😆

At least England would be dry under a roof.

• Haha 1

On 03/11/2021 at 12:44, Pompey Monkey said:

I'm getting increasingly peeved at constantly having to swap between metric and imperial components, nuts, bolts, and tools on my rigs. It can really interrupt my train of thought while assembling stuff.

And, as for planning how to make stuff that includes both measurement systems, it's nigh-on impossible.

Just venting! ;)

Metric or Imperial

An en engineer who has spent 21 years with the same issue i can offer a little help, with the right taps & dies you can turn one in to the other, it will mean increasing the overall size of the fixing and purchasing new parts but all can be reworked to a British standard thread. 

Lots of places will carry out milling work for you if you're not comfortable doing it yourself and if you look on the www you will find charts for the closest match in size to convert imperial to metric or the other way around.