SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Another from 21st Sept

neil phillips

Just going through some captures i took on the 21st. seeing wasnt the best. But detail still is coming out quite well considering

Orion 245 Newt QHY 462 EQ5. ZWO ADC Celestron Omni 2x barlow Screwed directly into the ADC

full.tif 75.tif 80.png 75.png B.png 75.png

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 9

On 05/10/2021 at 07:03, neil phillips said:

Just going through some captures i took on the 21st. seeing wasnt the best. But detail still is coming out quite well considering

Orion 245 Newt QHY 462 EQ5. ZWO ADC Celestron Omni 2x barlow Screwed directly into the ADC

Edited by Trevor N
Posted in error. Please delete

On 05/10/2021 at 07:03, neil phillips said:

full.tif 75.tif 80.png 75.png B.png 75.png

You always seem to get a nice natural look with your images Neil. Very good.

4 hours ago, Trevor N said:

You always seem to get a nice natural look with your images Neil. Very good.

Thanks Trevor i try hard not to allow noise into my images. This involves good capture settings and processing settings, a 5 or 6 minute winjupos de rotated video. Having a faster exposure and higher gain and higher frame rate will most likely help beat seeing. But sometimes its better to strike a balance. If you want less noise. I could have been at 1/250secs  exposure 250 frames per second. But instead chose 1/125 secs exposure 125 frames per second with lower gain. Yes you may lose a little sharpness on the slower exposure but grain noise will be less during processing. None of this is set in stone and one should experiment to see whats working with your particular setup. And even sky transparency at the time. The better the transparency the faster the useful exposure you will get away with. But with your C9.25 be in the 1/125th secs and tops 1/250 secs exposure range Trevor. The 1/250 secs exposure will be slightly sharper. But also noisier. For Jupiter              

Edited by neil phillips

2 hours ago, Pete Presland said:

A fine looking image Neil, never easy from the UK at the best of times.

Hi Pete many thanks. I could be wrong. But even jupiter is getting close to being past its best. There maybe some life left in it, if good seeing happened. But a bad jet stream over the UK recently.  Tried the other day with 5" frac. Was pretty bad

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, neil phillips said:

Thanks Trevor i try hard not to allow noise into my images. This involves good capture settings and processing settings, a 5 or 6 minute winjupos de rotated video. Having a faster exposure and higher gain and higher frame rate will most likely help beat seeing. But sometimes its better to strike a balance. If you want less noise. I could have been at 1/250secs  exposure 250 frames per second. But instead chose 1/125 secs exposure 125 frames per second with lower gain. Yes you may lose a little sharpness on the slower exposure but grain noise will be less during processing. None of this is set in stone and one should experiment to see whats working with your particular setup. And even sky transparency at the time. The better the transparency the faster the useful exposure you will get away with. But with your C9.25 be in the 1/125th secs and tops 1/250 secs exposure range Trevor. The 1/250 secs exposure will be slightly sharper. But also noisier. For Jupiter              

Thanks for the help and advice Neil 👍