Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Moon 24/09/21

barkingsteve

• 4 weeks later...
On 24/09/2021 at 03:50, barkingsteve said:

processed in Gimp.

@barkingsteve a lovely image there, I'd love to know how you pulled out the colour in GIMP? I've been playing around with luminosity masks and can't seem to get much from the data.  I've seen the Photoshop tutorials using the addition of hue/saturation layers but can't fathom how to achieve similar in GIMP. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

7 hours ago, Zummerzet_Leveller said:

@barkingsteve a lovely image there, I'd love to know how you pulled out the colour in GIMP? I've been playing around with luminosity masks and can't seem to get much from the data.  I've seen the Photoshop tutorials using the addition of hue/saturation layers but can't fathom how to achieve similar in GIMP. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Jody,

It was the first time i had used Gimp for processing, i usually use PS :)   but if i recall it was just playing with saturation, hue-chroma and hue-saturation under the colours tab. You can individually increase the hue and saturation of certain colours under the hue-saturation tab which can be useful. I also never used layers, just the main image. I really do not have a set procedure, i just play with the sliders until it looks good to me :)  hope this at least helps a little.

• Thanks 1