Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Moon maiden in sight again (evening 16th)

Nyctimene

Thanks for the heads up, Stephan.

I've never heard of this phenomenon before, but I did see it this evening quite clearly.

I took a not great shot of it with my Android phone..it's the feature at the bottom centre of the shot..I was using my Tak FS128, but the Orientation was skewed a bit as I was looking into the diagonal from the side, due to the low elevation of the moon, just over our house roof..the hair, head and face seemed very distinct in the actual visual view🙂..

Dave

IMG_20210916_224713286.jpg

IMG_20210916_224809259.jpg

Edited by F15Rules
  • Like 3

I saw her though quite a lot of cloud cover.

More mundanely than a maiden, the area resembles a large number 3 to my eye, with a rather extended top loop :rolleyes2:

Probably less risky to explain to my other half than gazing a maiden with my telescope :grin:

• Haha 4

I did actually show the image to my wife John..when I enthusiastically asked her ( fresh in from outdoors) if she could see it, there came the slightly withering reply.."hmm, I suppose so, at a stretch - and with some imagination"! 🥴😲😊

Dave

• Like 3

11 hours ago, John said:

I saw her though quite a lot of cloud cover.

More mundanely than a maiden, the area resembles a large number 3 to my eye, with a rather extended top loop :rolleyes2:

Probably less risky to explain to my other half than gazing a maiden with my telescope :grin:

I suspect what you see depends on how many beers you’ve had….

You are a model of sobriety, John.

😊

Edited by JeremyS
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1