NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

10 rounds with IC410

Beyond_Vision

This was captured back at the begining of January and I got over 10 hours of data over 2 nights. I have spent days fighting with this image and was going to throw the towel in and consign it to the bin but the lack of clear skies pushed me into having another bash.

I ended up chucking some of the subs that were of a lower quality score in DSS and ended up with 45 x 10mins. I will probablly give this one another go on a night with good transparency as it a dim son of a b****.

Processed with DSS and Pix Insight LE and finalised in PSCS3 with Noels Actions.

picture.php?albumid=74&pictureid=971

Regards

Kevin

Starting to look very nice Kevin. I know exactly what you mean though, we haven't had a proper clear sky for what seems an eternity, nice crisp pics have been very hard to come by :lol: How do you determine which pics to get rid of? Sometimes the score awarded by DSS isn't always helpful I find, and it writes off very useful pics.

Out of interest, somebody recently mentioned using the filters>distortion>lens tool in PS to alleviate the stretched corner stars, I don't know if you've tried it? I also find that sometimes DSS will do a nice job on the central stars, but will make the outer ones appear stretched somehow.

Cheers

Tim

Starting to look very nice Kevin. I know exactly what you mean though, we haven't had a proper clear sky for what seems an eternity, nice crisp pics have been very hard to come by :lol: How do you determine which pics to get rid of? Sometimes the score awarded by DSS isn't always helpful I find, and it writes off very useful pics.

Out of interest, somebody recently mentioned using the filters>distortion>lens tool in PS to alleviate the stretched corner stars, I don't know if you've tried it? I also find that sometimes DSS will do a nice job on the central stars, but will make the outer ones appear stretched somehow.

Cheers

Tim

The scores of the files I dropped were about 40% lower than the rest and the FWHM was worse.

The lens distortion tool in PSCS3 is pretty good at alleviating coma and vignetting

Regards

Kevin

Well worth keeping Kevin.

It can be hard sometimes, especially after many hours of imaging, when the subs aren't all you hoped for, but you've done a fine job with this.

I'm currently working on the rosette, which I gathered masses of data for, only to find that I have an effect similar to field rotation on it (it isn't field rotation though) and I'm having to fix almost all of the stars in the image....there are squillions of them!

Cheers

Rob

Archived