Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A quick Pelican in RGB

peter shah

The Pelican Nebula imaged from my back garden in the Mid Wales. I've just re-fitted my 12in F3.8 Newtonian ready for a new seasons imaging this is the first shot taken. I still prefer it in the HST the pallet over RGB.
Exposure time was 1hr in each RGB, 6x600s with the H35 CCD. Processed with Pixinsight and Photoshop. 
Comments welcome Thanks for looking
Peter

Pelican Nebula RGB.jpg

• Like 8

I bet I can get a nicer Pelican, and in less time, too. All I have to do is go to the zoo, and never ever point a telescope at the sky. 😂

Siriusly (see what I did there) good, or, in other words, more of the same.

The clouds drove me slightly mad, lol.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Roy Foreman said:

Very nice image and lots of detail.  So close in I almost didn't recognise this familiar object !

Thanks Roy.....I can get lost is some of these fields

45 minutes ago, AstroAndy said:

I bet I can get a nicer Pelican, and in less time, too. All I have to do is go to the zoo, and never ever point a telescope at the sky. 😂

Siriusly (see what I did there) good, or, in other words, more of the same.

The clouds drove me slightly mad, lol.

😜

23 minutes ago, kirkster501 said:

Lovely.  I actually prefer it in RGB like you have done here.

Thank you....I think its because its very easy to make a Pelican in RGB look almost  monotone and that there is such a difference in the brightest signal areas when seen in HST colour. There are some very subtle pinks in the RGB but difficult to bring out convincingly.

Nice one..good to see this..  it's almost "retro" its so rare to see it presented like this these days 😀..

You've got HH555.. (I can even see the jets) in perfect balance. My favourite "peacock & elephant" that I'm rather obsessed with! I must set the Esprit 150 loose on it again this year. can never have enough ;) 

• Thanks 1