Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hey there guys, I recently tried out my SW Skymax 127 and found that I couldn't balance the scope on the 3rd axis. I was able to balance it in RA however as the 127 has an offset hotshoe and a fixed dovetail, with all my gear such as a finder scope and a guide scope, the DEC axis would also slump down and my HEQ5 wasn't happy with it guiding. Any ideas of what I could to balance in the 3rd axis? I see FLO sell a ADM Dovetail Side Mounting Counterweight Kit 'D' Series, but that only fits D series dovetails, and my fixed SW dovetail is a V series. Anyone else got some recommendations for a product that helps with counterbalancing with all the gear being on mainly one side of the scope?

Cheers!

Here is a better example of what I mean: 

Tom

• 2 months later...

Put a set of rings and a dovetail around the OTA, and you can rotate the OTA in them.

I used that principle on a Celestron SLT 130 which also has a dovetail directly attached.

Kept the dovetail on the OTA, and ensure the dovetail on the rings was about 90 deg away from the original.