Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Derelict barn below the Milky Way...

...in Swaledale.  Sky ~10 x 8s, iso 2500, f2.  Foreground ~10 x 8s, iso 800, f4 and light painting.  Canon 6D MkII, Sigma 24mm.  Lightroom, Sequator, Photoshop.

Unfortunately, no confectionary was consumed during this activity  :(

Same 2 hour cloud gap as abandoned farmhouse image.

Paul

Gale Barn 05 copy SGL.jpg

Edited by clarkpm4242
  • Like 9

That’s lovely, Paul. Sounds like a great evening!

Quick follow up on my mk2 question the other day, do you get a lot of hot pixels that you have to clone out? It might be the warmer months but I’m finding I frequently have to spend a while scrutinising my images with the mk1 to remove red and blue (and sometimes green) spots, really in anything above about 10 seconds.  Just wonder if that’s something that was improved with the mk2.  Thanks!

Edited by FenlandPaul
  • Like 1

@FenlandPaul

Hi Paul.  From the reviews the MkII doesn't seem much better than the original MkI.  Sequator and Deep Sky Stacker with get rid of the sky noise.  Light painting technique hides issues with foreground...

...a rule of thumb for living up here is that we are 5-6C cooler than the SE!   Have you tried in Photoshop/Filter/Noise/Dust and Scratches..?  Several Youtube vids on this approach to removing hot pixels.

Best answer could be wait awhile then sell off whatever you can and go for a BIG upgrade.  My cousin test drove and then bought a R6.  The nightscape performance was very impressive.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, clarkpm4242 said:

@FenlandPaul

Hi Paul.  From the reviews the MkII doesn't seem much better than the original MkI.  Sequator and Deep Sky Stacker with get rid of the sky noise.  Light painting technique hides issues with foreground...

...a rule of thumb for living up here is that we are 5-6C cooler than the SE!   Have you tried in Photoshop/Filter/Noise/Dust and Scratches..?  Several Youtube vids on this approach to removing hot pixels.

Best answer could be wait awhile then sell off whatever you can and go for a BIG upgrade.  My cousin test drove and then bought a R6.  The nightscape performance was very impressive.

Thanks Paul. It’s more of a faff than a serious drawback. For deep sky, taking darks deals with it nicely.  I would love an R6 in the future!!!! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, clarkpm4242 said:

Unfortunately, no confectionary was consumed during this activity  :(

If I may venture ... that is no way to placate the cloud gods.  Hurry ye back with a plain chocolate Kit Kat !

You're taking the light painting up a further notch. Did you use all 8 shots as it looks nicely smooth across both faces ?

Dave.

• Like 1

@davew could I carry forward undeclared Double Decker consumption from a previous session?

The barn had 10 lighting frames, the farm image 8.  Have since realised I should make sure all the foreground gets lit so it can be used to sharpen up the image.

BTW.  Thank you for your original link to Richard Tatti's videos.  I've so many more options now  :)

Cheers

Paul

• Thanks 1