NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Ordered New Planetary Camera

Sunshine

I’m excited about the new camera I ordered, looks like it will be a couple weeks or less, cross fingers. It is a nice planetary imaging camera and, looks sharp too (like that matters) yes it does, we like cool looking things too. Anyone out there use this model? any advice on capture software that works well with it would be appreciated.

post-271005-0-21403400-1591636086.jpg

Edited by Sunshine
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Great to hear!

Word of warning try to not let dust settle on the optical window. Its almost impossible to get totally clean once you start cleaning it. Best thing is to keep the optical window covered at all times with either a barlow or UVIR CUT filter. Of course when trying IR that also protects it. Just make sure when you change filters try to do it so the optical window is facing downwards so dust doesnt get a chance to settle on it. Though it does look worse than it really is when dust does get on it. Being just outside the optical focus point it has less impact than dust on the actual chip. My advice there is do not remove the optical window to protect the cmoss chip.   i had to clean my chip, as i dropped the camera, and dust settled on it. Took ages to get it clean. Its a job you would rather avoid trust me. 

Edited by neil phillips
  • Thanks 1