Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Short report

John

Another nice night with my ED120 refractor !

Slightly hazy conditions but steady seeing and the brighter targets such as Saturn, Jupiter and the Moon showing really well. 5 Saturnian moons (could not quite get Enceladus tonight) then a Great Red Spot transit to enjoy with lots of other disk / belt detail and colour. Found Neptune lurking in the Moonglow and then on to the Moon with the Mare Crisium, Mare Fecunditatis, Petavius and my favourites Messier and Messier A really well illuminated.

Add some nice tight binary stars plus a few planetary nebulae and globular clusters into the mix and the result was a very nice session :smiley:

The old ED120 is earning it's keep at the moment - 2nd session on the trot with this scope :thumbright:

ed120ercole01.JPG.779c225053d1bba47d88b56dc250aefe.JPG

Edited by John
  • Like 13

Sounds just the tonic John and that the ED120 still has a deserved spot in your collection.

I was out for an hour last night, sounds a similar session, I had lots of smearing cloud drifting about, which then dictated targets by sky condition. Enjoyed it immensely.

• Like 1