Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Right on the edge

Trevor N

Don't usually bother when the moon is so near full but following an attempt at Jupiter and Saturn on the 22nd I thought I'd have a try. These images of Mare Smythii and  crater Neper are a first for me anyway. Taken with a 180 Mak

Mare-Smythii.Mak-180-jpg.jpg

Neper-Mak-180-22-08-21.jpg

• Like 6

5 hours ago, neil phillips said:

Nice processing on those. your hitting the magic mark between sharpness and naturalness. keep doing this 

Thanks Neil. Appreciate your comments and advice. I think I had a tendency to over sharpen in the past. Trevor

2 hours ago, Trevor N said:

Thanks Neil. Appreciate your comments and advice. I think I had a tendency to over sharpen in the past. Trevor

The old saying less is more. Easy to go too far, both over smooth or over sharpened. Getting that balance does take a little bit of care i find. Mike westcoast. Made me think a lot about it lately. Earlier when i was processing i sharpened some. had a look. Quickly realized it was just looking artificial. Pulled back. Then hey presto nice balance. The real trick is seeing it when you have done wrong. But this looks good to my old eyes

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WestCoastCannuck said:

Nice work Trevor!!   Looking forward to us all posting again soon!

I like the processing.  :))

Very best

Mike

Thanks Mike. I think I'm still learning the game when it comes to processing. There's more to it and its much more subtle than I originally thought but good to learn. Trevor

On 26/08/2021 at 02:33, Trevor N said:

Thanks Mike. I think I'm still learning the game when it comes to processing. There's more to it and its much more subtle than I originally thought but good to learn. Trevor

In spite of being at this a while, I feel the same way.   The way we see things changes too....  which does not make it easier for me.  lol

• Like 1