NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter Animation August 21st Bresser 127 L Refractor

neil phillips

As the above title suggests. 6 frame animation. Managed to get at least a credible colour balance out of the Achromatic refractor. Its never going to be newtonian balanced. But a far cry from the magenta blue purple balance so often seen with these. 

SGL AUG 21.png

180% resample higher quality download 

00_19_05_pipp_lapl8_ap27_pipp.zip

GIF

00_19_05_pipp_lapl8_ap27_pipp_F01-06.gif

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 8

43 minutes ago, Trevor N said:

That’s very good Neil. Like that a lot. Plenty of fine detail. I’ve tried with an achro but never got that sort of colour balance 👍

Using a IR UV CUT. And a Baarder 495 longpass. helps some of the problems. But not enough. I just used a hue adjustment on image analyzer to shift the balance. It seems to be working quite well here. I am quite surprised on this result actually. Not sure i thought it would do as well as this. Got it for lunar Trevor. But it has more up its sleeve than just that.  Looks like the performance of at least a 6" newtonian detail wise. Maybe even larger ? No doubt the unobstructed optics. And clearly good optics. I am most certainly going to use this a lot i think. Setting up the big newtonian is not always possible. Moon rising higher very soon. Hope its clear. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, U Cyg said:

A fine animation Neil, and so much detail from a small scope.  I will look forward to seeing more images from this scope.

Angie

Thanks Angie. on reflection it still looks a bit yellow. Havent nailed the adjustments yet i dont think. But work in progress hopefully. i wont give up. Stubborn like that. 

Very impressive animation. 

I haven't tried since Mars' last opposition but I really struggle with planetary imaging. Spent many an hour in Mexican Standoffs with Fire Capture, Autostakkert and RegiStax. Either I'm thick or they don't work... 😲🙊

Hmm.. :)

43 minutes ago, Paul M said:

Very impressive animation. 

I haven't tried since Mars' last opposition but I really struggle with planetary imaging. Spent many an hour in Mexican Standoffs with Fire Capture, Autostakkert and RegiStax. Either I'm thick or they don't work... 😲🙊

Hmm.. :)

If your not that experianced at imaging. I would say try sharpcap. Autostakkert makes sense once you know what its doing. maybe one day i should put up something how i use it. Registax i only use for wavelets now. Again i keep it quite simple actually 

Cheers

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, orion25 said:

Great animation, Neil. Nice detail from that achro :) 

Cheers! Reggie🚀

Cheers Reggie. Have never seen a bad word about this particular model. I can see why now. Cracking Achro. Think i am going to like it

Edited by neil phillips