Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter last night

Trevor N

A couple of shots through a Skymax 180 last night. The mono had the addition of a 685 filter. Seeing was bad but considering the altitude I could be waiting a long time for good conditions. They won't win any awards but its something for me to better next time. All good fun !

Jupiter Skymax 180 16-08-21.jpg

Jupiter Skymax 180 mono 16-08-21.jpg

Edited by Trevor N
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, neil phillips said:

Considering the conditions lately, and only 7" apeture. quite a respectable result actually Trevor. A fair bit of detail coming through

Like it.

Thanks Neil. Certainly a challenge this year from the UK. Fingers crossed for some better seeing. We have a while yet before the two giants disappear into the evening sunlight. Just need to move this cloud !!

5 hours ago, si@nite said:

Very decent captures considering the conditions at the moment , clouded out here every evening!

Thanks Simon. The forecast here is wall to wall cloud for the next few days as well☹️☹️

3 hours ago, CraigT82 said:

Very nice Trevor 👍. Good to get out and get some practice despite the conditions

Thanks Craig. It’s certainly a challenge this year but keeps me amused. Better next year ! Trevor

2 hours ago, chiltonstar said:

Nice images. I am afraid that poor weather may well wreck this year's Jupiter season!

Chris

Thanks Chris. I think you may well be right . The next forecast chance here is five days away . Fingers crossed.