Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

North American and Pelican wide field 5x4 degree view

CCD Imager

I purchased a new little refractor, an Askar FRA 400, from our friend Zultan at 365 astronomy. Its a petzval design, so no need for flat filed correctors and so far I am impressed.

Here is my first light taken over a couple of weeks grabbing data where I could and accumulated 14 hours with the ASI6200

Do click on the image to see the higher resolution and pan around and get lost in the North American and Pelican nebulas

Adrian

NGC7000-Pr.jpg

• Like 18

1 hour ago, Adreneline said:

Very nice - really like the colours. The bottom right quadrant is my favourite part of the the image.

Adrian

Hi Adrian, thank you and I agree, I do like the criss cross pattern of nebulosity in the lower area. Its often not imaged, but I purposefully orientated the camera to portrait to include this area

• Like 1

Hi Lee, thanks for the comment and I suspect there arent many of us Askar owners. I have been particularly imrpessed with the 3 inch rack and pinion focuser, it holds the camera and large filter wheel with ease and the optics produce excellent corner stars with a full frame camera. Do you agree?

Adrian