Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

BRESSER LER Zoom Eyepiece Deluxe 8-24mm 1.25''

johninderby

New zoom from Bresser but will it be worth the asking price of £197.00 🤔

https://www.telescopehouse.com/By-manufacturer/Bresser/BRESSER-LER-Zoom-Eyepiece-Deluxe-8-24mm-1-25.html?mc_cid=1ca9336177&mc_eid=61c9481f7e

The Deluxe version offers with its particularly advanced optical design with 9 elements in 6 groups an even better field correction and sharpness, combined with a large apparent field of view of 40 up to 62 degrees.

They also have a cheaper version.

https://www.telescopehouse.com/By-manufacturer/Bresser/BRESSER-LER-Zoom-Eyepiece-8-24mm-1-25.html?mc_cid=1ca9336177&mc_eid=61c9481f7e

9098AEE6-9B89-4F9B-AFF5-E30C059A016A.jpeg

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 1

I'm sure it's pretty good (the advanced one).

Like a lot or products that are coming out now, under various brandings, I feel that I've see it somewhere before :icon_scratch:

I have one of the 2nd one that you link to at the back of my astro cupboard - mine is identical but branded William Optics. I've had it for years. The AFoV at the longer FL end of the version that I have is not 40 degrees though - not much above 30 as far as I can see.

8 minutes ago, Voyager 3 said:

Looks like a rebrand of the Orion Lanthanum zoom which may also be a rebrand .

The Orion zoom has slightly differents specs. 8 elements and 40.0° - 60.0°. Maybe the Bresser deluxe is an improved version.? 🤔

The cheaper Bresser zoom has 8 elements and 40.0° - 56.00°

Comparisons between the new Bresser deluxe and the Baader zoom will be inevitable. 🙂

Edited by johninderby

8 minutes ago, John said:

Not unless you are really desperate to have the Bresser branding on it:

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/stellalyra-eyepieces/stellalyra-8-24mm-1-25-inch-lanthanum-zoom-eyepiece.html

The StellaLyra is the same as The Orion zoom as fas as I can see with 8 elements and 40.0° - 60.0°. 

21 minutes ago, johninderby said:

The StellaLyra is the same as The Orion zoom as fas as I can see with 8 elements and 40.0° - 60.0°. 

But we all know how accurate quoted specs are, don't we :wink:

A side by side comparison will show an AFoV difference but may well remain mute on the actual optical configuration.

A nice little project for someone :icon_biggrin: