Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First light with ZWO ASI533MC pro

Here's the best of  five 45 second videos taken Monday night with my brand new ASI533MC pro. 1200+ frames captured in ASICAP, stacked in AS!3 and tweaked in Registax. Seeing wasn't too good so I couldn't get it any sharper.  I've since downloaded Sharpcap since it seems to have a lot more capture features than the ZWO offering. Time will tell.  Also forgot to fit my IR cut filter (can you tell it's my first time with a CMOS camera?).  Celestron C8 and 2Xbarlow.

graeme 

2021-08-02-2301_3-Jupiter_jup_l5_ap57.jpg

• Like 1

thanks @vlaiv.  I was trying to follow Mark Radice's workflow in 

but I didn't have Sharpcap (or firecapture) so the initial captures are probably lacking. To do the video captures, I just clicked the default settings in ASICAP and hoped for the best. Before I do anything in Sharpcap I have a lot of reading to do :) I did click the Balance RGB button in Registax but I think I probably overdid the sharpening in wavelets beforehand. As I said, it's my first attempt at capturing video and stacking so I reckon I have a lot to learn.  Any and all advice is gratefully received. 

Graeme

Great image, surface markings visible in the bands. I wish my first image was that clear! 

An IR-cut filter will also make a difference as it reduces the bleed onto the image. 

So glad you found the video useful. Shout if you have any questions. 

• Like 1