NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Evostar Achromatic refractor ZWO 178M

neil phillips

Moon poorly placed at the moment shooting in daylight, low down around 20 degrees. But first light for my ZWO 178M mono camera. Wanted a larger chip for this kind of thing. looking promising. Now need to try it with the 10" Newtonian when the moon is higher. At higher power. 

Evostar 120 Refractor. Player one IR685 Filter. EQ 5 mount 

20_47_20_16th july evo 120 ir 685 zwo 178m.use.png exposure.png 75.png

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Trevor N said:

Nice image Neil. Looks very smooth with the new camera. The moon is certainly a challenge from this part of the world at present

Thanks Trevor. yes it is. But worth keeping the images going for practice when it returns. Cheers 

5 hours ago, Swoop1 said:

Nice image Neil.

Very evocative of some of the Apollo mission  Hasselblad pictures. The image has 'atmosphere'.

Thanks swoop. ive wanted a bigger chipped mono camera for a while. So happy its performing well cheers 

27 minutes ago, CraigT82 said:

Very nice Neil, is this a mosaic or single shot? Are you controlling the camera with Sharpcap?

Its a 3 pane mosaic with lots of overlap Craig. Cant quite get the whole lot on the chip. But its not that far off.  At 900mm FL with the 120 frac undersampled. I did a 1.5x drizzle then downsized to 75%. Yes i was using sharpcap

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, WestCoastCannuck said:

Tons of details buried in there.  New cam looks great!  Now, if only we can shoot some night time.    I forget what its like.

Mike

Me too Mike. This low daylight shooting is not as good. But fun to keep practicing