Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

StellaLyra 8" f/12 CC

Hi all,

Just took delivery of this beauty this morning.

I will be using it solely for planetary and close-up lunar.  It will sit nicely in my collection so far along side my Esprit 100.  It is a bit of a beast, or at least compared to what I am used to.

One quick question though for other owners - in the second photo attached, is the 'raised bit' (not sure what to call it) normal. It is on the primary cell holder/collar directly underneath the focuser? I assume it is designed this way as it looks too uniform for it to be bent/warped etc... but just wanted to make sure! 😬

Apologies for the terminology used. Please educate me on this for future reference :)

Thanks, 

Jon

20210708_122917.jpg

20210708_122948.jpg

6 minutes ago, Rusted said:

Congratulations. :thumbsup:

A finder dovetail-bracket?

Thank you.

I have attached the photo again with my incredible artistic skills to circle the bit I am referring to.

Hoping this helps.

20210708_122948.jpg

4 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Yes it’s just a raised bit on the casting. 

Ah ok, thanks John. As mentioned I thought this was the case as it looks too uniform for it to not be the design. But I wanted to double check.

43 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Not sure if you already have this link but here’s the manual.

https://nimax-img.de/Produktdownloads/62478_1_Anleitung-EN.pdf

I didn't see a manual in the box so this is great - thank you.

I just got off of a work call and had another look at the scope and there is actually a raised bit at the front aswell so clearly part of the design. I didn't see this earlier when I posted. 🙈