NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Which battery

Dinoboy

Hi everyone I have just been reading a thread about charging your battery, my query relates to batteries. As mine are getting on in years I am thinking about getting a new one but which? I have been looking at a Jackery as well as the Ninjabatt, both are quite expensive but I really prefer a lighter battery for medical reasons. Can anyone advise which battery they recommend please.

Let me clarify, one day I will power my skywatcher eq3 mount with a guide scope and two dew bands, and the next time will be my AVX mount with an ASIAIR pro, guide scope and two dew bands. I aim to power the AVX mount with a separate power source from the main battery, so the new battery will power my ASIAIR pro and dew bands.

Edited by Dinoboy

I'm using Talentcell batteries to power various bits of kit, have three of them and no issues at all so far. 

I owned a Tracer 7ah battery and it stopped holding charge after about 15 months.... 3 months out of warranty🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, Dinoboy said:

Hi everyone I have just been reading a thread about charging your battery, my query relates to batteries. As mine are getting on in years I am thinking about getting a new one but which? I have been looking at a Jackery as well as the Ninjabatt, both are quite expensive but I really prefer a lighter battery for medical reasons. Can anyone advise which battery they recommend please.

Let me clarify, one day I will power my skywatcher eq3 mount with a guide scope and two dew bands, and the next time will be my AVX mount with an ASIAIR pro, guide scope and two dew bands. I aim to power the AVX mount with a separate power source from the main battery, so the new battery will power my ASIAIR pro and dew bands.

I use a Celestron Powerpack Pro with my AVX, ASI533 and dew band. It's the same technology as the tracer batteries, has 12v car output, 2.1mm power out and two 5v USB ports. I bought mine from picstop, which is the cheapest I've seen it (with cashback as well if you use Topcashback).

I use a LifePo4 Golf Trolley battery. It's basically a budget Tracer. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Powerhouse-Golf-Trolley-LiFePO4-Lithium/dp/B01N0SXPQJ/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=lifepo4+golf&qid=1624916616&sr=8-2

Takes a little bit of wiring up, but easily done. Just make sure you fuse everything. But is capable of running a mount, dew heaters, tec camera, and NUC PC all night. 

I also use the talentcell powerbanks as well, but normally just for smaller stuff like and ASIAIR and AZGTI.