NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

5.06.2021 Today's Solar crop. AR12827, 9 and a SW flare.

Rusted

Thin, high cloud is teasing. With an easterly wind blowing into the dome.

AR12829 is looking amazing. To have two, such large and complex ARs at the same time is great.

5.06.2021 11.16 2x gpc.jpg

5.06.2021 11.06 2x gpc.jpg

5.06.2021 10.56 2x gpc.jpg

• Like 13

Nicely done again Rusted!

I was out earlier, seeing was reasonable around 8.30, but really went off a cliff around 10.

Had to go out at 11, but the cloud was incoming anyway, so hope to get chance to process later - will once agin be using these as reference, thanks!

D

• Like 1

Lovely images👍🏾.  Yes was out for a bit & the amount of activity across different parts of the face is great.  Too many clouds passing through here though - did snatch some images but let's see how they come out!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kitsunegari said:

looks like your pst mod is working great,  but may i ask why you are using a 2x glasspath if the scope is f10?

Thanks for your interest. I use my three GPCs routinely. Depending entirely on the seeing conditions. Not only for increased image scale and framing of ROI/AR but to tame the PST's ring-shaped, sweet spot. I try to keep closely to the 200mm of the etalon inside focus rule and find it helps to obtain the best views.

I am usually limited to 800x600 maximum frame size in SharpCap simply to avoid brighter, overexposed edges to the frame. Which are clearly visible on my 27" monitoring screen via my ASI174MM camera. SharpCap's maximum frame size of 1936x1080 always leaves me with unusable edges to the frame. Requiring heavy cropping in final processing.

My PST etalon has its rubber ring [tuning sleeve] removed. So that I can tilt the core with a rod in a tuning hole. As well as rotate it normally to tune for minimum variations in brightness. I always aim for the most even, largest possible, darkest screen for my captures. This always seems to produce the sharpest and finest detail. So is presumably on-band for H-alpha.