NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

TMB-APM Quadruplet

Just collected back from a check over and full optic clean from the the man himself Mr Es Reid 

my latest acquisition a rare TMB-APM -CNC 130 Quadruplet optics by Russian optical makers Astreya Tube by Markus Ludes and Matthias Wirth 

And the views are stunning totally colour free and pin sharp the focuser is a dream now for some really clear nights 

to really push this scope to its limits 

E6D49DEA-2D0A-4318-8BBB-578D80F9D2B2.jpeg

CF0A31E2-266A-473E-8DC4-1E4DB67C33FD.jpeg

02F49A54-7338-4337-AB54-E997C8E40D64.jpeg

D76377FD-8283-4E72-96FA-92ECE0DE6CF4.jpeg

92DED82F-01CE-4469-A048-8448349B6611.jpeg

Edited by garryblueboy
  • Like 8

37 minutes ago, garryblueboy said:

Hi John no it’s a cell with two doublets in Es said it was a really cleaver design and remarked on the quality as being outstanding and totally colourless 

Excellent. Another Thomas M Back masterpiece !

• Like 1

For the colorless acid test, check the color of a bright star on either side of best focus to see if it remains the same color.  This works great with a Newt, but not so great even with Chinese FPL-53 triplets.  I'm curious if this arrangement can pass this test.

1 hour ago, Louis D said:

For the colorless acid test, check the color of a bright star on either side of best focus to see if it remains the same color.  This works great with a Newt, but not so great even with Chinese FPL-53 triplets.  I'm curious if this arrangement can pass this test.

Es tested it on his set up and no false colour either side of focus