NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Indigogo Telescope

• AllanK changed the title to Indigogo Telescope
4 hours ago, Louis D said:

It's a glorified security camera?Β  Resolution is ultimately determined by aperture, and with that tiny objective lens, it's not got a lot of ultimate resolving power.

In all honesty 4 months ago I would have seriously considered something like this and be drawn in by the gadgetiness of it all. Having spent time doing some research on forums like this, I have a better idea of what to look for and expect. So SGL collectively takeΒ a bow, you have collectively helped me and many others dodge bullets such as this.

$150 for this? Are you joking?

I can build one myself with Pi + HQ Camera + C-mount lens for less than that. And it's a lot more versatile.

Edited by KP82

8 minutes ago, KP82 said:

$150 for this? Are you joking?

I can build one myself with Pi + HQ Camera + C-mount lens for less than that. And it's a lot more versatile.

Ah but what about autofocus, development of the smartphone interface and the ED glassΒ πŸ˜€

Alan

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Alien 13 said:

Ah but what about autofocus, development of the smartphone interface and the ED glassΒ πŸ˜€

Alan

So when can we expect your review? 😁

Edited by johninderby
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Alien 13 said:

Alan

How about the ability to use a range of different lenses (including real telescopes), guiding, plate solving & mount control.

BTW smartphone interface is easy with Skysafari or VNC. 😁

Edited by KP82
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, johninderby said:

A review. Ahh maybe could be used as a finder sdope , a very poor finder scope. More a toy for smartphone users.

Β 

After watching it, you realize this is at best a digital monocular.Β  I like the fact it was an utter failure on the moon, the easiest astro object for a telescope.Β  It couldn't even resolve any craters?

I like the fact the author had no idea why the frame rate dropped at night.Β  Really?Β  Never heard of increased exposure times due to image integration at night limiting the frame rate?

I'm surprised the author didn't point it at a portion of the Milky Way to see if it could pick up nebula.Β  It should excel at that unless it has an IR blocking filter.