Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

V quick Luna 24 April (Mare Humorum & Terminator)

vineyard

Just now, Stu said:

Great shot @vineyard 👍. I was viewing the Moon through mine last night too, amazing for such a small scope.

Agreed Stu.  It wasn't even sweating at 242x - sharp!  Every so often (usually when I haven't look through it for a while) I wonder isn't it a bit crazy to have that scope mostly for the moon.  And then - every time - I look through it, its just wow.  Can only imagine what a larger aperture Zeiss APO would be like!

Great minds clearly think alike @Luke 😂 - couple nights back out of curiosity I tried my old TV76 w a 2.5x powermate and an old 12T2 (so 100x).  It was hilarious, like an L.  Hats off for putting a BV on that - braver than me!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Luke said:

Very nice result from 63mm of aperture. I enjoyed some views with my little Tele Vue 60 last night. I put on the binoviewer and it was almost as tall as it was long!

Tee hee, bet that was fun. I have used binoviewers with the Telementor before, works quite well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vineyard said:

Great minds clearly think alike @Luke 😂 - couple nights back out of curiosity I tried my old TV76 w a 2.5x powermate and an old 12T2 (so 100x).  It was hilarious, like an L.  Hats off for putting a BV on that - braver than me!

Sweet! I think that eyepiece is a nagler? I regret selling my 13mm Nagler, my wife didn't get on with it, but I loved it!

Ah yes I forgot that I also put a chunky red dot finder, the Baader Sky Surfer V, on the shield of the Tele Vue 60!!! I had to keep it straight up or it would swing upside down. 😆

I suppose the dob mob might wonder why I need a finder for a 60mm... :embarrassed:

• Haha 1