NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sunday Solar Action 25-4-21

xtreemchaos

got some help this morrning my grandson has taken these pics with a bit of help. seeing is a bit better today but far from great.

kit ed80,quark, asi120mc.

ta for looking, clear skys. charl and Harvey.

AR2818.

1697016809_ar281825-4-21c.png.c4292e40aa2c414802fe33929a2db517.png

PROMS upper off going limb, there are more but faint i think ive got to get used to this quark again with proms 😀

44312644_prom25-4-21.thumb.png.9c13febe445da45a7d5ae4cc13a63eae.png

• Like 13

Great stuff - just snook out there, and wow - loads of detail on view.  There's the finest long black thread joining two of the sunspots right now: I needed very careful focus to see it clearly in my LS50DS.

• Like 1

Nice one, Charl and Harvey! The reprocess looks better to my eyes.

My son Matthew has enjoyed doing a bit of solar and lunar image processing recently, I think my wife Sarah should let him get a camera, haha! Nice little ZWO maybe! 😀

• Like 1

thanks Luke, Harveys quite interested in astro but hes also mad on football which tends to win if theres a match on telly 😀 hes 11 but he know how to setup and use scope its his first time imaging the sun but he did the focus very well and did 3 or 4 vids and i processed them for him. good your sons getting into processing i find it the hardest part wish i started years ago mate. clear skys. charl.