Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Lovely Dusk Moon 24-4-21

xtreemchaos

thought id stretch Old Faithfuls legs she has a good coating of dust.

kit AR127l , 2000d obsyroom window with smegul jumping all over the place 😀'

seeing not bad if you get the chance. charl.

daylight moon 7pm. click to zoom.

946672808_moon224-4-21.thumb.png.c8d81fa2b8f29dbc965071499fcd1092.png

dusk 20.25pm click to zoom.

773499177_moonw124-4-21.thumb.png.766d2e6f36e9f4787d7740e1f7c5cd5d.png

Edited by xtreemchaos
  • Like 10

Hey charl, lovely shots! You'd be hard pushed to know they were taken with an achromat! Then again the 127L is probably the best large achro I've had the pleasure to look through. Anyway, it's yet another good old night out there so have fun :)

• Like 1

thanks Chris, agreed mate outa all my scopes theres 3 i wouldnt part with my 200p old faithful and my old Cooke. old faithful just takes great and easy pics theres hardy any CA only right on the edge of the moon and very bright stars its gave me 20 years of good service i keep thinking of getting it resprayed cos it has quite a few scratches in the paintwork.

hope you had a goodnight i did a bit of vis for a hour after taking these pics. clear skys. charl.

thanks Luke sorry im a longtime replying i sorta forgot about this post with the action on sol. yea i havnt owned many dobs with being quite tall my back lasts about 10min 😀. agreed the seeing was quite good mate . charl.