Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

CPC micro focuser - worth it ?

Hi

A simple request please for any feed back from anyone who has fitted one of these focuser upgrades to a Celestron CPC.

I.e. are they worth it and do they make a big difference ? (The price seems eye watering).

I did notice a few focusing problems at high mag last night during Moon observations.

Is this likely to get worse with age and use?

Any first hand experiences greatly received thanks.

A126A711-951A-497B-A9A8-69CD0952D049.png

Edited by Andy ES

Michael

Thanks, would you say the investment was worth it, I mean did you really see a benefit.

also the installation doesn’t look too difficult but interested in your view

thanks

The installation was relatively simple. Anyone with basic skills can do it.

It was a huge improvement at high powers. The action is very light and precise. It was worth the expense for me, but, it was a lot cheaper then!

• Thanks 1

Had one on a Nexstar 8SE and the biggest benefit was being able to focus without vibrating the scope. An add on crayford wouldn’t have fitted and would have been too heavy. An ideal solution where weight and mount clearance are an issue. It’s surprising how much of an improvement it is over the stock focuser arrangement and does reduce mirror flop.

Of course there are better solutions if you have the clearance and weight is not an issue.. FT on my old CPC1100

F1FEEAE5-0312-4660-B187-643A3073C3BF.jpeg

• Thanks 1