NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hubble Deep Field

kirkster501

A quick go at the HFD in Ursa Major with 8 x 10 mins through luminance filter on TEC140 and Atik460.   It is amazing that galaxies 8 billion light years away can be captured with amateur gear.

Not the kind of pic that gets people's pulse racing but it is astonishing what it represents.

HDF.thumb.jpg.4473c688185d536e56c00b6f027ad491.jpg

Link below to the NASA image and website:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hubble_Deep_Field

• Like 15

Nice one, only looking on my phone but some of the brighter HST objects are visible.

This is another project I want to do but will probably miss this until next year, Astro darkness rapidly diminishing and I guess it would be best for the region to have a decent elevation on the sky.

• Like 1

Not dark enough to image now until 22:30.  I had another 5 subs before then but had to chuck 'em away.  Left rig running all night last night on several objects in Ursa Major.  Hopefully be able to finish them off tonight.

I tried the Deep Field Challenge once- as you say, it's amazing what you can pick up with amatuer gear these days.

180 second single exposure with 12" F4 Newtonian & Lodestar mono guidescope camera

https://live.staticflickr.com/4319/36141877845_63d667f15b_h.jpg

Edited by laser_jock99
  • Like 1