Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Taking Flats/Dark Bias with Sharpcap for 1600Mm Cool

I wonder if anyone can help me please. DSS is complaining that the gain setting for my flats and dark bias aren't matching with the lights I took in APT. How do I access the gain and offset settings in Sharpcap please? There doesn't seem to be a control for 'offset', there is 'brightness' but I'm not sure if that's the same thing.

A bit odd. I know with a DSLR you can use flats with a different ISO value to the lights so I wonder why DSS is asking that? You haven't done what I did the once and collect an entire library of darks only to find out later that they saved to png format?!?

17 hours ago, Knight of Clear Skies said:

I wonder if anyone can help me please. DSS is complaining that the gain setting for my flats and dark bias aren't matching with the lights I took in APT. How do I access the gain and offset settings in Sharpcap please? There doesn't seem to be a control for 'offset', there is 'brightness' but I'm not sure if that's the same thing.

For offset read brightness in Sharpcap.

• Like 1

Not sure how relevant, but recently I saw a thread where the capture app showed image size as x by y pixels, but calibration frames taken with SharpCap showed x-1 by y-1 (I don’t know if either was right or wrong).

This mismatch in image size caused DSS to barf.