NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Remotecapture and EOS Utility

Yep, I've used it (admittedly only once in anger as I have a CCD too) for focus and capture. Couple of things I remember. You can only focus in JPEG (took hours fiddling to work out why I couldn't get a picture on screen, then remembered I was shooting RAW!) and so remember to go back to RAW high res once focused. ANd I seem to remember it taking ages to download the shots to the lappy, but I've only got a 300d with USB1, so that doesn't help! But otherwise lots of neat controls for intervals etc.

Helen

• 1 month later...

Has anyone that uses the EOS utility noticed that the interval time must be set at a longer time than the exposure time b4 you press start.

For example - 30s exposure has to be followed with at least 30s of interval taking your 30s sub into a 60s **** about b4 it shoots again.

total image time 1h30m - total cloudless time needed to get this will be 3h !!!

blah

Andy.

Has anyone that uses the EOS utility noticed that the interval time must be set at a longer time than the exposure time b4 you press start.

For example - 30s exposure has to be followed with at least 30s of interval taking your 30s sub into a 60s **** about b4 it shoots again.

total image time 1h30m - total cloudless time needed to get this will be 3h !!!

blah

Andy.

It's possible that you have automatic noise reduction switched on. The camera will take an exposure with the shutter closed to capture a dark frame then subtract it from the actual image. This process will double the time to take each picture.

Regards

Kevin

You have to leave enough time for the camera to process the image between shots... fro the 1000D savign to card and laptop with Incamera noise reduction off this is about 5-6s I normally leave 10s to be safe otherwise you get failed frames...

The older USB1.1 cameras with slower internal processors may need more time its something you have to experiment with... you can always turn off the download option and just save to a card inthe camera and this will speed things up...

Billy...

Archived